Asiago spectroscopic classification of four SNe
ATel #6899; L. Tomasella, S. Benetti, E. Cappellaro, N. Elias-Rosa, P. Ochner, A. Pastorello, L. Tartaglia, G. Terreran, M. Turatto (INAF OAPd)
on 11 Jan 2015; 06:07 UT
Credential Certification: Lina Tomasella (email@example.com)
Subjects: Optical, Supernovae
Referred to by ATel #: 6926
The Asiago Transient Classification Program (Tomasella et al. 2014, AN, 335, 841) reports the spectroscopic observation of ASASSN-15ak, PSN J09411555+3553174,
PSN J12543553-1234186, ASASSN-15ae, MASTER OT J021447.67+481852.6. Targets were supplied by the Astronomy Section of the Rochester Academy of Sciences (arXiv:1103.5165) and/or by the CBAT Transient Objects Confirmation Page (TOCP). The observations were performed with the Asiago 1.82 m Copernico Telescope (+AFOSC; range 340-820 nm; resolution 1.2 nm), which was equipped with the CCD Andor IKON L936.
|Name || | Date (UT) || | z || | Type || | Phase || | Notes |
| ASASSN-15ak || | 20150110.87 || | 0.015 || | SN Ia-pec || | pre-max || | (1) |
| MASTER OT J021447.67+481852.6 || | 20150110.90 || | || | star || | || | (2) |
| PSN J09411555+3553174 || | 20150110.94 || | 0.023 || | SN Ia || | pre-max || | (3) |
| PSN J12543553-1234186 || | 20150111.12 || | 0.015 || | SN Ia || | +6d || | (4) |
| ASASSN-15ae || | 20150111.17 || | 0.031 || | SN Ia || | +5d || | (5) |
(1) Best match with type-Ia pec 91T-like SNe, few days before B-band maximum light. The expansion velocity of ASASSN-15ak,
as deduced from the position of the minimum of the Si-II 635.5nm absorption, is around 11000 km/s.
(2) The spectrum shows Balmer absorptions (Hbeta, Hgamma, Hdelta), at rest wavelength, on a strong blue continuum. We note a weak emission component in the red wing of Balmer lines. Weak NaID absorption is also visible.
(3) A good match is found with several normal type-Ia supernovae few days before B-band maximum light. The expansion velocity of PSN J09411555+3553174,
as deduced from the position of the minimum of the Si-II 635.5nm absorption, is around 12200 km/s.
(4) The spectrum shows this is a type-Ia SN around one week after B-band maximum light. The expansion velocity of PSN J12543553-1234186,
as deduced from the position of the minimum of the Si-II 635.5nm absorption, is around 10800 km/s.
(5) Best match with several type-Ia SNe, about one week after B-band maximum. The expansion velocity of ASASSN-15ae,
as deduced from the position of the minimum of the Si-II 635.5nm absorption, is around 11200 km/s. The classification is in agreement with ATel #6897.
Classification was done with GELATO (Harutyunyan et al. 2008, A&A, 488, 383) and SNID (Blondin and Tonry 2007, ApJ, 666, 1024).
The Asiago classification spectra are posted at the website http://sngroup.oapd.inaf.it.
Padova Asiago SN group