Spectra ID of recent SN
ATel #5700; Peter Challis
on 27 Dec 2013; 13:16 UT
Distributed as an Instant Email Notice Supernovae
Credential Certification: Peter Challis (email@example.com)
Subjects: Optical, Supernovae
Referred to by ATel #: 5702
P. Challis, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA), on behalf
of the CfA Supernova Group, report spectra (range 320-860 nm)
of various SN obtained during Dec. 24-27 UT by P. Challis,
S. Gottilla (MMTO.org), and E. Marin (MMTO.org) with the MMT 6.5-m telescope (+ Blue Channel).
Cross-correlation with a library of supernova spectra using the "Supernova
Identification" code (SNID; Blondin and Tonry 2007, Ap.J. 666, 1024)
yields the following IDs for the observed supernova.
* spectrum of PSN J03055989+0432382 best fits a type Ia supernova at a
phase of about a -10 to -7 days before maximum brightness.
* spectrum of PSN J12452873+2951040 shows it to be a
core collapse SN in very early phase.
* spectrum of PSN J14041297-0938168 shows it to be a type
IIn at a phase of about 30 days.
* spectrum of PSN J01585369+0535254 shows it to be a type
Ia normal at phase of about 9 days after maximum brightness.
* spectrum of CSS131225:030144-092044 shows it to be a type
Ia at maximum brightness. redshift from SN fit is 0.05
* spectrum of TCP J06043671-1237406 shows it to be a type IIn at
* spectrum of PSN J07325276+2929530 shows it to a type Ia
matching sn1991T at +9 days after maximum brightness.